Reading About Economics matches the Financial Literacy Standards Announced for K-12
The Council on Economic Education released National Standards for K-12 education.
Developed by economists, education specialists at Federal Reserve banks, and financial education researchers, the benchmarks are intended to provide a framework of essential knowledge that 4th, 8th and 12th graders should master to be savvy consumers.
The standards cover six topics and they are all covered in Reading About Economics.
1. Earning and Income
2. Buying Goods and Services
3. Using Credit
5. Financial Investing
6. Protecting and Insuring
A Teacher Created Workbook Designed to Help Prepare Students for
State-Mandated Social Studies Tests
- According to the National Council of Economic Education, forty-six states now include economics in their standards for elementary schools.
- Reading About Economics...
1. provides an efficient way to teach students the economic material they are required to learn.
2. introduces basic economic concepts and their impact.
3. presents economics using real world examples.
4. promotes success in understanding economics through short targeted chapters.