America’s Favorite Reading Comprehension Program in Two-Page Lesson Formats of Cross-Curricular Nonfiction Articles
- Carefully graded articles and books challenge students at their own individual reading levels.
- Each lesson presents and defines new vocabulary in context.
- Exercises after each article provide systematic growth in thinking/reading skills.
- Students are tested immediately after reading each article on a range of comprehension skills.
- Article topics cover social studies, natural science, physical science, mathematics, health, language, careers, and biography.
Read-Along Audio Cassettes and CDs accompany Books A-D, providing a tutorial instruction and auditory reinforcement for remedial students. Each set contains 24 guided readings from its corresponding book.
Learning Language Activities – Blackline masters accompany Books A-D, with one activity sheet for each article. Following a simple method, these activities are designed not only to improve students’ reading skills but also to improve writing and language skills. Now you can teach reading, writing, and language skills at the same time and not in isolation.
Book A: 2.0-2.5
Book B: 2.4-3.5
Book C: 3.5-4.8
Book D: 4.4-5.5
Book E: 5.0-5.8
Book F: 5.4-6.5
Book G: 5.6-6.8
Teacher’s Manual includes an informal placement inventory to determine reading levels for each student and an answer key.