A Sentence-Combining Program Integrated with Practice in Basic Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics
- Dramatically improves student’s ability to write more mature sentences and paragraphs.
- A complete, simple, step-by-step sentence-combining program.
- Especially effective with average and below-average students.
- Teaches usage and mechanics skills in the context of sentence-combining exercises.
- Clearly focused lessons with a manageable number of skills.
- All cursive has been eliminated from the student workbooks.
Student Workbooks – Each of the books has 14 units. After every two units, a Writing Lesson requires
students to write brief compositions on specific topics through sentence-combining.
Each unit has four lessons. In lessons A, B, and C, clues are given to tell students how to combine the
sentences. In lesson D, there are usually no clues; students decide independently how to combine the sentences. There is one extra practice set of exercises per lesson.
Teacher’s Manuals – Each manual provides charts of all the grammar, usage, and mechanics items taught in each book, plus teaching tips and answer keys.