A Text-Workbook Core Curriculum that Integrates the Language Arts
- Provides the core curriculum of any elementary language arts program.
- Applies grammar and usage to the writing process.
- Unit themes focus on lesson content.
- Offers independent, self-contained lessons in a consistent, two-page format.
Student Texts – Each unit is organized around a theme which unifies the grammar, usage, mechanics, and writing skills presented. The two-page lesson format contains most, if not all, of the following sections:
- Try It introduces the skill(s).
- Fix It teaches proofreading and revising in relation to a particular skill.
- Use It focuses on common usage problems.
- Write It ends each lesson and fosters incorporating grammar and usage skills into student’s writing.
- Writing-Pad lessons at the end of each unit in Books C-F, provide an opportunity for original
writing while practicing the unit skills.
Teacher’s Guide – Provides teaching suggestions, reinforcement exercises, and answer keys.